- Change rabbit & rodent bedding.
- Change & sanitize cage weekly or up to twice weekly for rats and spot changed later in the week if needed.
- Change pans are sanitize twice weekly or biweekly.
- Sanitize all water bottles, stoppers, and sipper tubes weekly, replace bottles/replenish feed as needed.
- Sweep if necessary.
- Rodents must be identified to the cage level, by protocol number, investigator, species, strain, sex, contact name and number, date of arrival or birth and age.
- Rodents may be identified individually by tattooing, microchips, ear punches, ear tags, clipping hair, dyes, magic marker.
- Guinea pigs, chinchillas and rabbits must be identified to the cage level similar to small rodents.
- Individual animals may be identified with tattoos, microchips, dyes, hair clipping or Magic Marker.