- Technologists analyze the chemical and hormonal contents of body fluids in order to assess body functions or physical condition.
- Examine blood cells and determine haemoglobin and red cell conditions.
- Detect and determine type of anaemia and blood disroders like leukemia.
- Assess the patient’s body mechanism of blood coagulation.
Blood Transfusion Service:
- Collect blood from patient and donor.
- Conduct blood group test.
- Carry out tests to ensure safe transfusion.
- Examine and identify bacteria and other microorganisms which cause infections.
Immunology / Serology:
- Examine elements of the human immune system and its response to foreign bodies.
- Detection of infections using immunological or serological techniques.
- Cut and stain tissue specimens for microscopic examination by pathologists.
- Prepare slides of body cells
- Examine these cells microscopically for abnormalities that may signal the beginning of a cancerous growth.
- Perform complex protein and nucleic acid testing on cell samples.
- To complement the role of clinicians and other health care personnel;
- In order to serve the health authority or organization so as;
- To help people improve and sustain their health status as well as;
- To enjoy a better quality of life.
Working relationship with other health care professionals with the primary OBJECTIVE of ensuring a high standard of care for the patients they serve.